There are a few things which can distract me from listening to His voice. Right now, I am more than slightly sleep deprived with young cats waking me up in the wee hours, a few family members snoring at night, several looming deadlines, and a sore low back.
This morning as I woke, He reminded me that I was His kid…
- My most recent achievement is up on His fridge & proudly on display.
- My photo is in His wallet.
- He has signed the legal document in the heavenlies which declares me as His child & heir.
- My name is tattooed on His heart.
- I am always on His mind.
- God not only cares for me as a mother, but provides for me as a good father, and walks close beside me as a brother.
May these verses below become a reminder of His eternal gift of becoming one of His family – His kid, and how much He loves to remind us all of this truth!!
Word: But to all who did receive Him, who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God. John 1:12 ESV
For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. Galatians 3:26 ESV
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God. Romans 8:16 ESV
and my current favorite…
What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we’re called children of God! That’s who we really are. 1 John 3:1 MSG
Worship: No Longer Slaves, Bethel Music