Ever have those days where God seems farther away?
If so, I can relate.
I realize that too many days spending so much time on everything else the exclusion of spending quality time with Him, I end up feeling distant from God.
But that’s because I put space between us, not Him.
Which makes me want to cry over my stupidity when I come to my senses.
Today’s verse? Blew me away at how perfectly it matched my current need:
I heard a voice thunder from the Throne: “Look! Look! God has moved into the neighborhood, making His home with men and women! They’re His people, He’s their God. He’ll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good—tears gone, crying gone, pain gone—all the first order of things gone.” Revelations 21:3-4 MSG
What I take away from this Word?
- Truth THUNDERS from His Throne! I don’t about you, but thunder always catches my attention when I hear it.
- When His Word mentions LOOK twice, I better take a closer look at what the next words are to follow.
- GOD had moved in with us. We are now His HOME! And if that is not enough, He claims us as HIS! #wonder
- God WILL wipe every tear from our eyes.
- God has DEFEATED death – so tears, crying & pain WILL end!
- The fact these verses are in REVELATION reminds me how important it is for me to continually seek Him, and be listening for and to His voice.
I have been so thankful that I heard His direction on what verses to take a closer look at this week. He has truly revealed Himself to me in a greater and deeper way, which is leaving me filled with joy and wonder at the end of this crazy week, instead of feeling exhausted and drained!
How marvelous and wonder-filled Your Word and Presence are, God! What a blessing You are to Your children – present with us through everything, blessing and loving us, caring and guiding us, always!